Calculating the Cost to run a Krav Maga School
When planning any venture including starting a Krav Maga Class, it is important to plan what level of revenue you intend to generate.
Whilst it maybe your hobby, it also consumes time and money and for the class to be successful, running it more like a business, will help make the class successful for both you and your students.
The first decision to make is – is this a hobby or labour of love or do you intend to make a living from it?
Our handy calculator helps you calculate income for running your class after deducting costs.
100 students at ?50.00 per month (this can be $ or any currency) equals ?5,000 per month or ?60,000 per year.
10% of Students taking tests at ?45.00 per month equals ?450.00 per month or ?5,400
Total is ?65,400.
- Krav Maga Instructor (s)
- Newspaper Ads
- Marketing Campaigns (e.g. Facebook Ads)
- Cost of Facility Hire
- Admin Expenses – whether doing this manually or using a membership solution to manage.
Other sources of Revenue for Krav Maga Classes
- Online Shop on your website
- Online Shop on your Facebook Page
Tips for running a successful Krav Maga Class
- It is a business and not a hobby – run it like a professional business.
- Who is your target market?
- Full Time Employment
- Age Group – Male Female
- Children / Adults
- Catchment area – How big this needs to be to generate sufficient numbers for your class (e.g. target of 100 students – does that need a 10,000 or 20,000 catchment area)
- Private Tuition
Other Questions to ask when Starting a Krav Maga Class
- How long will it take to acquire, 25, 50 or 100 students? (You won’t start with 100!)
- How much will it cost for additional instructors?
- Who is the competition – this is not just other Krav Maga classes but other activities that people will do with their evenings or weekends – rather than attend a Krav Maga Class
- What is your churn rate?
- At what number of students do you hire more instructors?
Membership Management Solutions for Krav Maga Classes
There are many solutions to managing your Krav Maga Student Membership.
Some are more expensive than others but overall it is wise to choose an option that saves time too!
What can look inexpensive can prove costly if it is eating up your time. In the long run a paid for solution may make more sense.
Managing students fees can be time inefficient and solutions exist to take payment online.
- Paper Manual System
- Google Drive, Google Sheets and Google Doc
Paid for Solutions but run by yourself
Billed as the ‘Total Martial Arts Business Management Solution’.
Nest Management’s goal is ‘to help you and your martial arts business be as successful as possible. We believe that by providing a service which includes everything rather than just billing and fee collection, you will have everything you need to grow your business from day one’.
Billed as Martial Arts Software that ‘simplifies day-to-day tasks to put students first. Strengthen your school with powerful martial arts software‘.
Member Solutions offer a free consultation and the following services
- Lead Follow-up
- Student Check-In
- Membership Management
- Martial Arts Belt Tracking (though this could be used for Krav Maga Grading)
- Robust Point of Sale – Manage sales of uniforms, merchandise, private lessons and manage inventory.
Their slogan is ‘Take care of business, whenever, wherever. Log in anytime, anywhere on your Mac, PC, tablet or phone and see real-time figures and stats. It?s martial arts school software that?s simple, smart and occasionally magical’.
Martialytics has a comprehensive offering provides 24/7 Support
- Student Management
- Attendance Tracking
- Automated Billing
- Point of Sale
- Grading Management
- Automated SMS and Email
- Lead Tracking
- Digital Sign Up and Waivers